Drinking water has many benefits, but why not add something more to it to gain some other health benefits? If you are thinking what could be that extra, then it’s just lemons. Adding lemon and water makes a refreshing, health drink which anyone could drink to stay in perfect shape. You will be surprised to know about the benefits of water with lemon, which include:
- Lemon water benefits involve strengthening of immune system which further protects the body from flu and infections.
- The benefits of drinking water with lemon also include the fact that they aid in digestion as the lemon juice has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Lemons have the anti-ageing properties, so they are very useful in treating wrinkles and facial spots.
- Lemon with water reduces appetite as it contains pectin which starves off hunger and helps with weight loss.
- Lemon water acts as a diuretic which enhances the production of urine and thus, cleans the urinary tract.
Is lemon water good for your health?
The questions, such as ‘is lemon water good for you’, can be answered only if you know the benefits of drinking lemon water. There are some lemon water health benefits which will help you answer the above question.
- Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C and hence, act as antioxidants. They remove harmful toxins and radicals from body and improve immune system.
- Lemon with water acts as a blood purifier which prevents many infections and controls allergies.
- Lemon water helps in relieving pain and soreness of throat, tonsillitis and asthma.
- Lemon water also aids digestion and improves metabolism which prevents health problems like indigestion, nausea, heartburn and constipation.
- Lemons are good for your skin and hair. Daily consumption of lemon water reduces spots, sunburn and gives healthy glowing skin.
- Lemon juice stops nosebleeds and also controls bleeding gums.
Health benefits of lemon water
Lemon water is considered to have anti-ageing, anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. These health benefits of lemon water are attributable to the presence of vitamin C, vitamin B, and phosphorous present in lemons. Let’s get some more idea about benefits of lemon water:
- Lemon water reduces fever as lemons have antiseptic and natural medical values.
- As lemons are acidic in nature, the benefits of lemon in water also include maintaining pH balance and restoring alkaline-acidic balance.
- Lemon boosts your immune system and prevents you from flu and viral infections.
- Lemon water when used for cleaning teeth prevents bleeding gums and relieves tooth pain.
- Few drops of lemon with hot water can help one in losing weight and purifying liver as well.
- Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. It removes ageing radicals and gives you a glowing and younger looking skin. It also prevents blemishes and age spots. Drinking lemon water with honey on a regular basis brings a radiant glow to your skin.
- Drinking lemon water as the first thing in the morning helps in regular bowel movements and removes all toxic waste from the body.
- Lemon has the anti-bacterial property that prevents throat infection and tonsillitis.
- Lemons lower down the blood pressure and prevent cholesterol.
- Since lemon has anti-carcinogenic property, it helps one in fighting cancer.
Benefits of warm/hot lemon water
When you wake up in the morning, your body demands intake of liquids to ensure bowel movement. However, in place of having hot coffee or tea, you should take water or lemon juice as any of these drinks is definitely beneficial for health. There are many benefits of warm lemon water which could help your body.
- The benefits of hot lemon water include boosting your immune system as lemons are rich in vitamin C and potassium.
- Lemon water balances pH and controls blood pressure.
- One of the benefits of lemon water includes weight loss as it is appetite resistant.
- Warm lemon water helps in digestion and stimulates gastrointestinal tract.
- Hot or warm lemon water flushes out toxins from your body and improves metabolism.
- Lemon juice prevents blemishes and wrinkles which means it has anti-ageing property.
- Lemon water keeps the body hydrated all day long. If you drink warm lemon water in the morning it prevents you from dehydration.